CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Blackberry and Raspberry Scones

Ok everyone....here is my 1st Recipe of the new blog!!

I have never made scones before, but had some Berries that I wanted to use up, so thought I would give it a try. Not too bad for my 1st time, next time I would like to find a recipe that has more of a "dough" that I can roll out and cut into pieces. If you have something, I would love to try it!


Raspberry and Blackberry Scones

Photobucket

Ingredients:

1 beaten egg, seperated
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
10 Tbsp Butter-chilled and cut up
1 Cup berries
1/2 cup Heavy cream/whole milk


Photobucket

In a small bowl mix 1/2 beaten egg, buttermilk and vanilla

In mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder & Soda, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until mixure resembles coarse cornmeal.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gently fold in berries to flour mix

Photobucket

Then add buttermilk mix until loose, soft dough forms


(This will be a sticky part!!)

Form scones and placed on greased baking sheet. Brush with cream/milk and egg wash, then sprinkle with sugar

Photobucket

Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 min.

Photobucket

**They look a bit more like muffin tops than scones, but taste pretty good! Can't wait to share them this weekend!

0 comments: